- The representation of the interests of full-time rangers in Germany.
- Publicity in order to enhance the general public’s recognition of rangers.
- The development of professional basics for the work of rangers in nature conservation areas.
- The representation of German rangers at the IRF (International Ranger Federation).
- The cooperation with national and international nature conservation organizations.
Image brochure of the German Ranger Association:
German Ranger Association
Rangers in action worldwide
for humans and nature (DVD)
Working with the general public
The Australian ranger Sean Willmore sold his car, borrowed a mortgage on his house, and travelled for 14 months around the world. He accompanied rangers in many different countries at their partly perilous work and brings their stories close to us…
…off touristic trails and idyllic scenes everyday people get involved with the protection of our natural heritage. Sean Willmore documents their fight against poaching in southern Africa as well as their work in environmental education in Costa Rica or the rescue of injured hikers in North America.
Acquisition: Rangershop (Members’ area) / nominal charge 5,- €